Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"Another Day of Testing"

I'm now on my 2nd full day of testing at the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, AZ. Things have been pretty intense the last couple of days. I had heard that they really put potential donors through the ringer and they weren't kidding. To me, the psychiatrist was the hardest part. Her job is to bring up all of the most horrible parts of your past and see how you react to that. Then, to tell you all the reasons why you shouldn't donate a kidney to someone. I understand that they have to do that to make sure that I'm not crazy and can handle the pressure.

Mainly the testing process is difficult b/c there are so many different tests. They check you from head to toe, inside to outside. Since these doctors took the oath to do no harm, they have to be really sure that they're not going to take a perfectly healthy, YOUNG (yes, I said young) woman and make her worse.

For now, I don't have any answers. I feel like everything has gone fine so far. But, the tests results won't be in until later in the week. I wanted to add a few pictures that were taken last night when I went to Masud's house to meet some of their closest friends.

No comments: